This one is short, but as promised here is my mission. It feels a bit cheesy, but going back to 7 Habits from Covey this is kind of how he outlined it. I will use it for a bit and review as I go forward. I will also use this as I go through the remaining chapters. Without further ado…
My mission is to live with integrity and create value for others.
To fulfill the mission:
– I will be grateful for what I have earned and will not resent the success of others.
– I believe that I am entitled to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. Nothing more.
– I believe that all people are created equal, but like me, are made through our daily choices.
– I deplore debt, and do all I can to avoid it.
– I believe that my safety is my responsibility.
– I will never stop learning, YouTube and library cards are free.
I believe these roles will help me achieve my mission:
Husband – my wife is the most important person in my life. I will dedicate the time to cultivate the best possible relationship.
Father – I help my kids (and their kids) reach their goals.
Son/Brother – I am there to support their endeavors and provide an actual hand when needed.
Neighbor – I will understand the issues so I can make intelligent choices on the issues. I will pitch in and not just watch.
Value Creator – I will work hard at whatever task is assigned and I will look for ways to be useful. I will not whine, I am in control of my reaction and if I’m unhappy I have the power to change my attitude or situation.